- Create a Center able and dedicated to develop research in biofuel engines under the sponsorship of the FAPESP – PSA Agreement.
- Cover a broad range of research subjects, from basic phenomenology of combustion to engine/vehicle interaction.
- Develop a backbone Research Project entitled “Conceptual study of an advanced ethanol-fueled engine” linked to the particular characteristics of the ethanol as a biofuel, and able to explore the range of competences of the different Laboratories to create positive synergies.
- Create new researchers with solid background in biofuels end–use
- Strengthen technical collaboration between academia and business
- Establish a long-term, open-minded vision for the Center to attract other industry partners and build synergies with other research groups from other Universities.